Considering the increasing awareness about soil and water conservation and integrated watershed management (IWM), and prevailing limited understanding on human dimensions including the experience of farmers and end-users in large scale adoption of several NRM technologies, the IASWC, besides publishing the Journal, also holds national and regional conferences. Since 1980, the IASWC has organized the following International, National and Regional Conferences/Workshops:
- National symposium on “Soil Conservation and Water management” at Dehradun from March 12-13, 1980.
- National Seminar on “Soil Conservation and Watershed Management” at New Delhi September 17-18, 1985.
- National Seminar on “Land and Water management in Ravines” at Dehradun February 11-13, 1987.
- 8th International Soil Conservation Organization (ISCO) Conference on “Soil and Water Conservation- Challenges and Opportunities” at New Delhi December 4-8, 1994.
- National Conference on “Resource Conservation and Watershed Management” (RCWM-2001) at Dehradun May 23-25, 2001.
- National Conference on “Resource Conserving Technologies for Social Upliftment” (RCTSU) held at NASC, New Delhi from December 7-9, 2004.
- National Conference on “Natural Resource Management for Eco-development and Livelihood Security” (NEMRLSI) held at CSWCRTI, Research Centre, Udhagamandalam (Tamil Nadu) from November, 24-25, 2005.
- Conference on “Natural Resource Management for Social Development” (NRMSD) held at Pune, Maharashtra from October 11-13, 2006.
- Conference on “Environment and Livelihood Security through Resource Management (ELSRM)” in Northern India held at CSWCRTI, Research Centre, Chandigarh from October 29-31, 2007.
- Conference on “Food and Environment Security through Resource Conservation (FESCO)” in Central India: Challenges and Opportunities held at CSWCRTI, Research Centre, Agra from September, 16-18, 2009.
- Joint Indo-Canadian workshop on “Adaptive and Sustainable Solutions for Water Integrity, Safety, Security and Supply” at CSWCRTI, Research Centre, Chandigarh (India) during January 7-8, 2011. The primary objective of the workshop is to develop long-term partnerships between public and private sectors of India and Canada to evolve sustainable strategies to tackle the water quantity and quality problems.
- Conference on “Livelihood and Environmental Security through Resource Conservation in Eastern Region of India (LESRC-2012)” at Bhubaneswar (Odisha) April 5-7, 2012.
- National Conference on “Farmers First for Conserving Soil and Water Resources in Southern Region (FFCSWR-2013)” at Bangalore (Karnataka) March 14-16, 2013.
- National Conference on “Farmers First for Conserving Soil and Water Resources in Northern Region (FFCSWR-2014)” at Dehradun March 22-24, 2014.
- International Conference on “Natural Resource Management for Food Security and Rural Livelihoods” organized by Soil Conservation Society of India, New Delhi in Collaboration with Indian Association of Soil and Water Conservationists, Dehradun at New Delhi from February 10-13, 2015.
- Global ravines Conference on “Managing Ravines for Food and Livelihood Security” organized by RVSKVV, Gwalior in Collaboration with Indian Association of Soil and Water Conservationists, Dehradun at Gwalior from March 7-10, 2016.
- National Conference on “Farmers First for Conserving Soil and Water Resources in North Eastern Region (FFCSWR-2017)” at Guwahati from February 09-11, 2017.